Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fahrenheit 451, Potatoes, & More

Firstly, let me start off by saying I was born in Phoenix, Arizona to two hardworking, warmhearted Mexican immigrants. Though I am a Southwest Native I was raised in Milwaukee my entire life. Wisconsin is my home and I could never imagine living anywhere else in the world, especially not in a place where the temperature commonly rises above 100°.
My all-time favorite novel is Fahrenheit 451. Not only is it stunningly written but the main character has one of the greatest character developments of all time. It's a novel that teaches us, urges us to discover who we truly are and what we really believe in. My favorite quote from the book is, "So few want to be rebels anymore". Sometimes, we have to break a few rules. Get comfortable with getting uncomfortable and don’t be afraid to try something new every once in a while.
My one true love is potatoes. It's my absolute favorite food and I don't tend to be picky on the kind but if I eat mashed potatoes I have to have vegetarian gravy, because—surprise—I'm a vegetarian!
            I have quite the collection of tattoos. I want sleeves on both my arms and legs! I love art and the ability to wear it on yourself is the most dedicated devotion to it. I hope to prove that tattoos aren’t a representation of my intelligence. There still exists a huge misconception with tattoos and professionalism. I hope to ultimately break down the stigma with tattoos in the workplace.
            I’m a hardcore feminist. I believe inequalities of genders continues to exist today. Women are continuously discriminated against in the workplace, sports, church on the streets and even in their own homes. It was important for me to be a part of Alverno because there is nothing more beautiful than seeing the way women encourage one another to be the best.
I am so excited to see how this year unravels and am delighted in being part of this experience with you all! – I hope you all had a wonderful time last night whether you went to your homecomings or not!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment